In order to eliminate Candida overgrowth, it all begins with a strict diet which of course takes some adjustment. Just like a person getting off of a bad habit, they may go through a period of withdrawal where they feel worse. In respect to Candida, it’s called Candida Die-Off or Herxheimer reaction).
This occurs if there are too many of these yeast by-products in your bloodstream to be processed by your liver. These byproducts are floating around in your body are causing more inflammations and reinfections of previously healed areas.
It is quite common “to feel worse before you feel better”.
It’s important to understand this as many will prematurely abandon the Candida diet before they are cured due to the symptoms they are experiencing so be prepared.
To win at Candida balancing game, your die off score needs to be higher than its growth rate eliminating old Candida and prohibiting any new growth at the same time.
Eating foods that fight Candida like garlic, ginger and coconut oil does also cause fairly substantial Candida Die Off.
That’s why you’ll experience a lot more Candida symptoms after eating a hot curry with strong spices. These act as natural antifungals that kill yeast and unfortunately the friendly bacteria which is why you should keep these types of dishes to a minimum.
If symptoms are too severe, introduce antifungals
There are supplements you can take to specifically for killing Candida but at first, only use a low dosage to see how your body responds to it. Otherwise, as the Candida die off process is triggered so well that your body might get overwhelmed if it’s done too sudden. Shop now for antifungals.
Where in your body does the Candida Die Off happen?
The yeast related signs of Candida elimination can literally pop up in any part of your body if not in several at the same time (see complete list of Candida symptoms here).
But watch out, if the symptoms don’t subside this could mean that the Candida strains have not all been eliminated and have become resistant.
They might have found an area in your body where they have an ideal environment to thrive again. This can easily happen when you have eaten something sweet or had a lot of stress or caught a virus perhaps.
New Candida Symptoms vs. Candida Die Off Symptoms
Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between new symptoms and those caused by Candida die off.
You might eat something and feel fine for two days until you experience the first onset of break out.As you go through the Candida Diet you’ll notice that your body as well as the Candida Die Off symptoms itself go through cycles.
You’ll soon be able to recognize symptom patterns straight away and treat them quickly before they can spread to other areas in your body.
Follow these 11 Simple Tips to Get Rid of Your Candida Die Off Symptoms:
- Eat light and early (between 5.30pm and 6:30pm works best for me))
- Drink 2-3l of water and nettle tea
- Swish a mixture of sunflower oil and essential oils of thyme, cinnamon bark and tea tree around your mouth for 15 mins before breakfast, rinse well (10 parts sunflower – 1 part other oils)
- Drink warm water before breakfast and hot water with freshly squeezed lemon juice during the day
- Reduce eating yogurt
- Use a steam bath or sauna (this all aids the Candida elimination process)
- Avoid using garlic and coconut oil and take less antifungals for 1-2 days
- Take a rest after lunch (guided relaxation meditation or self-hypnosis help)
- Take herbs that aid your liver’s ability to break down toxins (drink dandelion & burdock tea to minimize bloating.)
- Avoid eating too many vegetables at dinner
- Avoid eating too many beans or lentils at dinner
- Keep grains to a minimum
For more insider die off management strategies as well as some recipes and encouragement join my newsletter and read about my Candida experience.